WAMIN – China exporter, global supplier & GMP manufacturer of Cimetidine Injection 2ml:200mg/2ml:300mg
Introduction of WAMIN’s Cimetidine Injection
Cimetidine is a histamine H₂ receptor antagonist mainly used in the treatment of heartburn and peptic ulcers by inhibiting stomach acid production. WAMIN is Cimetidine Injection 2ml:200mg/2ml:300mg supplier in China, here we do a briefly introduction of our product.
- Product Name: Cimetidine Injection
- Standard: BP/USP/CP
- Regular Packing:10 ampoules / box, 240box/carton
- Gross weight (per carton):24.1 kgs
- Net Weight (per carton): 23.1 kgs
- Measurement(per carton): 60cm*40cm*33cm
- Shelf life: 3 years
- Storage: Store in cool and dry place, protect from light, keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Cimetidine Injection Therapeutic Indications
- Cimetidine injection can be used for the treatment of duodenal ulcers and gastric ulcers that have been clearly diagnosed;
- Cimetidine injection can be used for patients of duodenal ulcers who relapse after short-term treatment;
- Cimetidine injection can be used for the treatment of persistent gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- Cimetidine injection can be used to prevent stress ulcers and bleeding in critical patients;
- Cimetidine injection can be used for the treatment of gastrinoma (Zohringer-Allison’s syndrome).
Cimetidine Injection Side Effects
Side effects due to cimetidine are rare and generally reversible once the medication is stopped. Headache, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, and pain/redness at the injection site may occur after using cimetidine injections.
- Digestive system reaction. Diarrhea, bloating, dry mouth, and mildly elevated serum aminotransferase are common. Severe hepatitis, liver necrosis, and liver steatosis are occasionally seen. Sudden discontinuation of the drug may lead to perforation of chronic peptic ulcer.
- Urinary system. It is reported of failure caused by acute interstitial nephritis, but this toxic reaction is reversible.
- Hematopoietic system. It has a certain inhibitory effect on bone marrow. A small number of patients have reversible moderate leukopenia or granulocyte reduction.
- Central nervous system. Cimetidine can pass through the blood-brain barrier and has certain neurotoxicity. Dizziness, headache, and drowsiness are common. Restlessness, dullness, slurred speech, sweating or epileptic seizures, hallucinations, delusions are rare. The symptoms disappears only by appropriately reducing the dose.
- Cardiovascular system side effects such as bradycardia, facial flushing, premature atrial contractions, cardiac arrest, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing are occasionally seen during intravenous injection.
- Endocrine and skin. Cimetidine injection has anti-androgen effect. When the dosage is large, it can cause gynecomastia, galactorrhea, hyposexuality, impotence, decreased sperm count, etc. The symptoms disappear after stopping the drug.
- Cimetidine is removed by the kidneys so elderly people may be with greater risk during using this drug.
- Do not use it if you are allergic to cimetidine or to other H2 blockers. And contact doctor immediately if there is severe allergic reaction.
By WAMIN – Cimetidine Injection 2ml:200mg/2ml:300mg GMP manufacturer in China