Gram-negative bacteria has multi-layered cell wall that prevents many antibiotics from accessing. so it is very difficult to develop drugs against Gram-negative bacteria. Here we list the common antibiotics for the treatment of Gram-negative pathogens infection.
- Such as ampicillin, amoxicillin, carbenicillin, sulcarcillin, mezlocillin, piperacillin, apacillin, asparticillin and so on.
- Mechanism: Broad-spectrum penicillins such as ampicillin is active against certain Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms but is inactivated by penicillinases including those produced by Staphylococcus aureus and by common Gram-negative bacilli such as Escherichia coli.
- We supply this type of medicine such as ampicillin sodium for injection.
- The second, third and fourth generation cephalosporins such as cefaclor, cefmandol, cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime, cefpirome, cefepime, etc.
- Mechanism: Cephalosporins have a marked activity against gram-negative bacteria due to enhanced beta-lactamase stability and the ability to penetrate the gram-negative cell wall.
- We supply this type of medicine such as ceftriaxone sodium for injection.
- Such as imipenem, panipenem, meropenem, biapenem.
- Mechanism: Carbapenems bind to critical penicillin-binding proteins, disrupting the growth and structural integrity of bacterial cell walls. They provide enhanced anaerobic and Gram-negative coverage as compared with other beta-lactams and their stability against extended-spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBLs) makes them an effective treatment option.
- Streptomycin, kanamycin, gentamicin, tobramycin, paromycin, sisomicin, spectinomycin, etimicin, etc.
- Mechanism: Aminoglycosides are broad-spectrum antibiotics of high potency that have been traditionally used for the treatment of serious Gram-negative infections. Aminoglycosides kill bacteria by inhibiting protein synthesis via binding to the 16S rRNA and by disrupting the bacterial cell membrane integrity.
- We supply this type of medicine such as Gentamicin Eye Drops / Ear Drops, and Gentamicin Injection 2ml 80mg.
Besides, other antibiotics such as fluopenem is active to Gram-negative Bacterial also.